You may have noticed that thread lift procedures becoming more popular in Australia. Some patients prefer thread lift technologies to the alternative surgical facelift techniques when their lower face skin starts to sag. So what’s the reason people like the idea of a low-downtime thread lift vs a facelift, a major surgical procedure with extensive down time for most patients? Read on to find out WHY thread lifts are becoming more popular, and more scientifically advanced over time.
Thread lift or Facelift: What’s the difference in procedures?The main differences between a thread lift technique and a surgical face lift technique are:
- procedure time
- from 30 to 60 minutes with local area numbing for a thread lift
- versus 2 to 3 hours or more, under general Anaesthetic, for Facelift Surgery
- downtime and healing periods after having the procedure performed
- minimal downtime after a thread lift
- versus several weeks of being out of action when you have a face lift or neck lift procedure
- easier to get rest after a treatment (face lift recover can interrupt your natural sleeping patterns)
- visibility of scars is less as the thread lift uses micro-fine needles – leaving no visible scars for most patients
- versus the tell tale signs and near ear scars of having had a facelift
- awake versus under general anaesthetic
- Thread Lifts are done IN our beautiful, boutique style clinic
- Face lifts must be done in a hospital setting for patient safety
- cost differences between a thread lift procedure vs a surgical facelift procedure
- Under $3,000 for a Thread Lift depending on what you need (it can vary somewhat and is based on number of threads)
- Versus the cost of a surgical facelift in Melbourne ranging from $25,000 to over $40,000
- Face lift surgery involves incisions and cutting away of skin and other tissues; this can leave you with somewhat noticeable scars along your ears or hairline
- Face Surgery can lead to your hair falling out where the incisions have been made
- hair loss along excised areas are not uncommon after a facelift
- longevity of the facial rejuvenation results
- Face lift surgery MIGHT last longer but it’s far more involved, and very costly – plus, everyone is different
- Thread lifts can work well for early facial sagging and may delay your timing on a major facial rejuvenation procedure
- significance of the results to your appearance
- how early in life a person decides to have the procedure
- Some people choose a thread lift vs a facelift at an early age
- So if you’re not ready for a surgical Face Lift, but are not exactly happy with your facial skin or jowl area, then a Thread Lift might be an interim option to avoid the downtime, cost and risks of a surgical Facelift
- The Thread Lift technique works particularly well for skin that has good healing capacity
Disclaimer: Every person is different. Results of thread lift techniques can vary from person to person. Find out if you’re a good candidate for this procedure by phoning us today. Visit our contact page.
Comparison of a Thread Lift vs Facelift: Different Techniques and Different Down Times
Comparing a Thread Lift to a Facelift surgery procedure means considering the nature of healing and recovery times, as well as the invasive nature and longevity of each procedure.
A traditional Facelift, for example, is a fairly invasive and intensive-recovery time type of cosmetic surgery procedure. It is almost always performed in a hospital under General Anaesthetic.
- A thread lift, in contrast to a face lift, is often performed in a clinic.
- At our Clinic, Thread Lifts are performed by a caring, safety minded Cosmetic Doctor who focuses on minimally invasive techniques for facial rejuvenation, such as the Silhouette Soft Thread Lift
- You do NOT need to go under general Anaesthesia, which is a pretty significant endeavour – and expense – for most facial surgery patients.
So thread lifts are gaining popularity as a procedure primarily as they CAN rejuvenate the face, with less cost and recovery time than a traditional surgical face lift and/or neck lift.
Not everyone who wants to look younger again is committed to having a surgery procedure that involves a high cost, plus significant downtime and healing time – not to mention the typical facelift or neck lift scars.
So more people are starting to investigate the benefits of a Thread Lift vs a Facelift.
- They are NOT waiting until their skin is very saggy and lax skin before they look into getting a facial rejuvenation procedure, such as a thread lift.
- They like the idea there’s little downtime.
Thread Lifts vs Facelifts – Do they work?
- Yes, a thread lift can be used to help rejuvenate your facial appearance.
- The results are NOT considered permanent and may need to be repeated in 12 to 18 months, but some patients find they can go a lot longer with good results.
- It varies from patient to patient, but the thread lift is becoming increasingly popular for non-invasive, minimal down time facial rejuvenation without the risk of major scarring.
Are you looking into the benefits of a Thread Lift?
Read our Silhouette Soft Thread Lift procedure Information page for details.
Thread Lift Procedure Details, In brief:
Silhouette Soft facial rejuvenation ‘non-surgical facelift’ techniques have a track record of safety and efficacy ALL over the world.
The Thread Lift procedure using Silhouette Soft threads is performed in over 70 countries, including here in Australia.
We are very proud to have our Cosmetic Physician offer the ‘thread lift’ thread-face lift here at Hair and Skin Science (by appointment only).
Find out if YOU’RE a good candidate for a Thread Lift vs a Facelift procedure. Schedule a time to meet with our team or our cosmetic doctor for information and a personal, no obligation assessment.
Or send us an enquiry (or Phone us on 0472 647 011 today).
Is it true that a surgical Face Lift might last longer than a Thread Lift?
- A Facelift may last longer than a thread lift, but this may not be the case for everyone.
- Too many factors go into this equation to say for certain.
- Every person’s different and your skin quality, genetics and health may have an impact on results.
Patients are reporting positive results from our Thread Lift procedures performed by our Cosmetic Doctor here at Hair & Skin Science. If you want to find out what we can do for YOUR face, using Silhouette Soft threads, then arrange for a confidential, no-obligation consultation with our Cosmetic Physician.
Before and After Photos of Thread Lift Procedures
Here’s an example of how effective the Thread Lift Treatment can be in improving the sagging skin of the lower face or jowls, and firming up the appearance of the facial skin.
Face Thread Lift Procedure Photos – BEFORE & AFTER having a Thread Lift – notice the firmer looking jowl area along the jawline? And notice how that ‘skin tightening’ effect of the thread lift changes the entire face?
This BEFORE & AFTER image of a Thread Lift result using Silhouette Soft technology is of a procedure performed by our Cosmetic Physician in our Ashwood/Melbourne Clinic not far from Chadstone and Glen Waverley.
Our Cosmetic Physician(s) are caring, kind and highly skilled at thread lifts and cosmetic injections.
Our Team sees patients at our Ashwood Clinic (Hair & Skin Science) in Melbourne, serving Malvern, Chadstone, Glen Waverley and other inner Eastern and south eastern Melbourne suburbs.
You can have your Thread Lift performed in the comfort of our beautiful, boutique style Ashwood clinic.
Want to know more about a thread lift and how long a face thread lift will last?
- Come in for a no-obligation assessment to see what can be done to rejuvenate your face with minimal downtime.
- We’ll give you honest advice and state of the art options for facial rejuvenation; including the Thread Lift along with a wide range of other options to help you look your best.
- In addition to minimally invasive threading style ‘face lift’ procedures, we also offer cosmetic injections.
- And we are the recognised GO TO CLINIC for scientifically based hair regrowth treatments and hair restoration for men and for women, along with a great range of cosmeceutical skin care products.
You can also read more about Facial Threads and Thread Lift options on our Silhouette Soft Thread Lift Procedure page.
No need to delay looking better with a thread lift procedure that costs under $3000 for most patients – compared to a Surgical Facelift which can cost $15,000 to $40,000 or more.
Phone us on 0472 647 011 today and ask how we can help.
We are proud to offer Silhouette Soft threading for facial rejuvenation at our Clinic in Ashwood.
Our team is dedicated to bringing you effective treatments that work, including the Thread Lift facial rejuvenation procedure known as the Silhouette Soft.
Not only are we committed to offering you the best customer service you’ll find in Melbourne, we are also very conveniently located close to clients living in Ashwood, Chadston and Mount Waverley as well as Malvern, Camberwell, Moorabin, the Bay Area and more.
There’s also plenty of ON STREET parking nearby, and FREE parking behind our clinic (ask us for details when you schedule an appointment).
Why we believe in the Thread Lift vs the Facelift for facial skin rejuvenation.
At our Hair & Skin Science Clinic, we focus on the latest scientifically based rejuvenation treatments to help clients look their best.
This includes evidence based hair regrowth treatments for men and hair regrowth or hair restoration treatments for women, treatments to prevent premature balding or to regrow hair after losing hair, along with dermal fillers and other solutions.
We offer lip fillers, wrinkle relaxers and other cosmetic injectables to help reduce lines and wrinkles on the skin.
We also carry state of the art cosmetic skin care and hair care packages for people who want to use the right home care regime when they get treatments for hair regrowth or baldness prevention, as well as skin rejuvenation and dermal fillers.
But our team is over the moon about what we are seeing in terms of Thread Lift Facial Rejuvenation results.
We think you will be too.
So arrange for a consultation to see what our Cosmetic Doctor can do for YOUR face – with minimal downtime.
A thread lift is LESS invasive than a surgical facelift where the skin is cut and removed.
- There are absorbable fibres used for thread lifts and counter cones, as part of the Silhouette Soft method for facial thread lifting.
- Bidirectional needles are used to help insert these fibres.
- No surgical incisions are required to apply the threads, and the entire procedure is primarily non-invasive.
- Over several months, these soft fibres absorb and encourage your skin to create a stronger collagen-based framework to support the thread-tightened facial skin.
- You will notice results become more obvious as the skin generates a stronger collagen network, which is often around the 3 month mark after a treatment.
The duration of any cosmetic procedure of the face is dependent on the age of the client, the condition of the skin, the client’s healing capacity, the talent of the Cosmetic Doctor or Surgeon.
- This really depends on many factors, including the client’s skin type and the type of thread lift performed.
- While a Facelift surgery MIGHT get you a more dramatic result than threads, or might be more lasting, many women and men want to avoid – or delay – having that type of major surgery.
- Not to mention that Facelift Surgery can cost upwards of $15,000 AUD to over $40,000, depending on which Surgeon you choose and whether or not you combine it with other facial surgeries (neck lift and facelift, or eyelid lift, necklift and facelift with fat grafting or cosmetic injections).
The Thread Lift facial procedure often lasts for as long as 12 to 18 months for many patients.
- Some variance is to be expected, and lifestyle factors may have an impact on the duration of your results.
- We often suggest how to care for your skin with quality products to enhance the lifting and “skin tightening” outcomes that having more collagen provides.
Thread Lifts: How does a thread lift work?
- A thread lift is similar in many ways to other minimally invasive treatments in that it is non-invasive.
- It essentially uses polypropylene threads to improve areas of the jaw or face that currently appear to be sagging.
- There are different types of threads used in thread lifts.
- Your Surgeon and Clinic will make the choices they feel are best.
Typically in a thread lift, barbed polypropylene threads are inserted through the fat tissue, using long and thin needles. There are also threads with cones. These tend to be made of Poly L-lactic acid (PLLA), a well-known polymer that has been used for decades in numerous medical, biomedical and pharmaceutical applications.
For example, these types of threads have been used in surgical sutures, orthopaedic procedures, and other medical uses.
This type of polymer thread is particularly biocompatible with human cells, as well as biodegradable.
Benefits of threading face treatments such as the Thread Lift (vs a Facelift) may include:
- lifts and tightens the skin by stimulating skin rejuvenation or collagen production
- reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- restores a more youthful look of the lower jawline or neckline
Does a Thread Lift leave a scar?
The threads are inserted into the skin through a micro-fine needle (or a fine cannulae). This does penetrate the skin but it is an artificial or superficial wound, which ends up having a healing effect that regenerates the skin. (Not dissimilar to micro-needling in terms of concepts).
The threads are artistically adjusted to improve the way the skin looks on your facial structure.
Does getting a Thread Lift hurt?
- Our Cosmetic Physician and team are committed to reducing your discomfort during our procedures.
- We use local anaesthetic to reduce any discomfort of the thread lift.
If you have questions about our facial rejuvenation procedures, skin care or hair regrowth/hair restoration for men and women, book a consultation with our team in our beautiful Ashwood clinic location.
We look forward to helping you look your best, for longer!
Best Contact Number for our Hair & Skin Science Team: 0472 647 011.
We offer no obligation assessments for your suitability for our services, including PRP facials, thread lift procedures, cosmetic injections, laser hair removal/IPL laser hair reduction instead of waxing, and more.